Happy Birthday to me! I was born on December 16th 198……something. Y’all thought I was going to tell you the real age huh. I am in the early 80’s if that helps so before 84 but after 80 so somewhere in between. I am funny about my age because my birthday has always been late and I got teased because I was the oldest one in the class so people would call me old lady. That scar carries to this day so I opt to let people guess what my age is and keep the actual age to myself and close friends. To some age is a number to me it carries years of teasing and torture.
I take my birthday to reflect on the lessons I have learned throughout the year. Here are two most important ones….
- You can’t hang with people who don’t understand your life. I had a single friend who swears my life sucks because I can never go out and do stuff because I have to find a babysitter. She is always like tell their father to keep them, you need to hire someone from care.com, find someone don’t you talk to a lot of blog folks ask them. My husband works 6 days a week so that I can be at home with my kids I try not to bother him often unless it’s something to benefit our finances. Care.com is a no go because I don’t trust everyone with my most prized possessions. Would you trust a stranger to drive your car? Why would I allow one to babysit my kids. My blog buddies are just that buddies….they aren’t my besties and I would never ask them to babysit unless we were close. Two months ago I cut ties with her after she said the above to me for the 5th time this year. I was nice and told her that until you have kids shut the eff up and don’t call my phone anymore. (well I thought that was nice…don’t you)
- Whats for me will be for me…no matter what. Sure I look at others and say…wow they are doing such and such and I get down in my woe is me life thinking why can’t I be like that. I love photography and I will go on others websites or instagram and think ….let me just throw my camera away because I am no good. Then I realize that sometimes the things you love should just be the things you love. It’s not how I will make my money or it’s not my true calling. So instead of being envious (we all get that way so don’t say that you’ve never been envious or jealous..its a lie) I take some time to think about what my calling is and I work on that. I should be working so hard on my own things that I don’t have time to look up to see what others are doing. I have done great with that this year for the first time in my adult life.
Now that the serious part is over let me explain why I hate that my birthday is in December…..
- The weather sucks….I hate the cold. So much so that I don’t even turn my air on in the summer. My fans and cool air coming from the trees do me just fine.
- People act like they don’t know what you want …..no I don’t want anything to do with Christmas. Why would you get me a snowman..like why.
- I could never have birthday with my classmates…..I was bitter about this because my birthday was always the last day of school or we were out of school. I just wanted my class to sing me happy birthday *cries bitterly*
- All the activities have to do with Christmas……why can’t the lion king come to the Fox theater so I can see it for my birthday…I don’t want to see the nutcracker.
- I don’t get anything for my birthday because Christmas is the next week. My mom would always get me some type of jewelry for my birthday every year and take me out to my favorite restaurant (red lobster back then hibachi now)
Is your birthday in December? Are you a fellow Sagittarius like me?