Atlanta has a new business venue and it’s bad to the bone. Welcome Microsoft and thank you for bringing us the Microsoft Innovation Center. I was able to go to the grand opening here in Atlanta a few weeks ago and it was a site to see. Imagine having a space to call your own while you conduct business without the stuffiness. I am a business owner and sometimes we want to get out of the house. I love Panera but sometimes I want a more business like setting where I can work around like minded individuals and be able to have a space where I can collect mail.
The MIC is a result of the CityNext Digital Alliance between Microsoft and the city of Atlanta, which is part of Microsoft’s broader CityNext initiative. The alliance focuses on increasing access to Microsoft software and technology support for citizens — with an emphasis on K–20 education, student entrepreneurs, software startups and job seekers. It supports the local economy through increased digital literacy, career readiness and services for accelerating innovation.
Located in the iconic Flatiron Building, the MIC reflects Atlanta’s growing high-tech community, from the booming startup market to the large number of educational institutions. As part of Mayor Kasim Reed’s initiative to provide space and resources for developers and entrepreneurs in Atlanta, the building also houses flexible co-working space, the Women’s Entrepreneurship Initiative and the Georgia Tech Enterprise Innovation Institute.
“The City of Atlanta is proud to be the home of the nation’s second Microsoft Innovation Center,” says Mayor Reed. “Ensuring that our entrepreneurs have the right tools and resources to start and grow their businesses is essential. The Microsoft Innovation Center will be a vital asset to our Women’s Entrepreneurship Initiative and will empower entrepreneurs to create well-paying jobs and strengthen our economy.”
“The new state-of-the-art Microsoft Innovation Center gives Atlanta a unique advantage that sets us apart from other tech hubs,” says Craig Richard, CEO and president of Invest Atlanta. “And our investment in the Center reinforces our commitment to make Atlanta thebest city for established and emerging innovators.”
In business we need resources to help us grow. Microsoft is something that I use on a daily basis and to see that they have a center to help business owners, students, and technology professionals is a wonderful thing. Please make sure you visit the site for prices on membership. If you live in or near Atlanta this is the place to be. Here are specifics that I loved
- Parking is pretty easy. There is a parking lot and a garage to park in. You can take Marta to the building or you can pay to park. Either way the building is near some pretty neat attractions
- There is a Starbucks on the corner……yay
- The decor is very beautiful and its easy to find your way around
- You can have private offices or open spaces to mingle. You can choose which setting fits your lifestyle
- There will be a spot to eat and you can even bring the food to your office. Order your food downstairs and eat it in your space
- Pricing isn’t bad because it includes internet access, access to a mailbox, and a huge must in business….NETWORKING Opportunities
- Did I mention that you can wind down and play xbox too