Name: Shantay Carter
Occupation: Registered Nurse
One word to describe me: Determined
Hobbies: baking, shopping, spending time with family and friends, reading, party planning, and photography.
One thing I have learned in life: I have learned that what you put out in life, you also get back in return. I believe in promoting positivity.
Mission statement: Women Of Integrity Inc. is an organization of diverse women from different educational, racial, and socio-economic backgrounds, whose aim is to support and empower women of all ages and ethnicities while fostering the confidence necessary to accomplish their goals, dreams, and aspirations of the future.
1. Why did you want to create your organization? I have a passion to help young girls and women who may lack self-esteem, self-love, and those whom are often misguided. As an effort to give back to the community, along with other like-minded women, I formed WOI.
2. In what ways have this organization’s products and services been most successful over the years?
Our services and products have been most successful by, helping to teach and develop young women on things such as etiquette and higher education in order to prepare them for the future. Consequently, this gives insecure and underprivileged girls an alternative to negative decision making. Our services and products are designed to build their self-esteem, confidence, and empower them. For example, through our Prom Dress Drive, Prom Dress Giveaway, and our Prom Makeover Project we are able to help young ladies attend their prom, who otherwise could not afford a prom dress. The look on the girls faces when they find a dress and realize they can go to their prom is PRICELESS!
3. What is your background and how did you progress to your present position?
My back ground: I am a Registered Nurse, so it’s in my nature to want to help people. In High school I volunteered at the local hospital, and at the local daycare. While in college I was an RA. I have experience with working with young girls, and dealing with the many issues they have to face. As a RN, I interact and care for a diverse population, which has helped me to identify the needs in our community. I realized that many of our young ladies and women needed help, because of their lack of esteem and self-worth. I formed Women Of Integrity Inc. to help address that need.
4. What are some future goals for your organization?
My future goals for the organization: I want WOI to be recognized nationwide, and eventually have offices/chapters in other states. I want WOI to become a well known and recognized organization, for our community efforts and service. I want to build a brand and legacy that will last.
5. Can you end with what integrity means to you in your own words? Integrity to me means, your worth, your values, what you stand for as a person. It’s your character as a person. It’s a lot of times, what people tend to judge you on.
It was a pleasure speaking with this awesome organization please see their two upcoming events below and go to their website to see how you can become involved and help give back